SOMEDAY I will complete the 500 Home Run Club post, but that is not tonight. Tonight we take it easy, take it slow. Yeah, we’re just gonna touch on a few pressing issues, just for the sake of doing a post.
• First thing first. I mentioned it on twitter, and it’s half the reason I haven’t felt like blogging for the past few days. It kinda bummed me out. My Allen & Ginter cards fell on the floor a few days ago. Fortunately, relatively few were damaged, and only a half dozen severely so. Unfortunately, most of the severely damaged ones were intended for Night Owl. I’m really really sorry, but a few of the A&G meant for you are pretty much ruined. The bat card, the SP, and the base Dodgers are undamaged, but I think most of the regular base have had it. Again, I am really sorry about this.
• Moving on, I’ve wasted a s***load of money on several 2009 Topps Chrome fat/rack pack things. They have seven cards and one or (usually, judging by my packs) two parallels or inserts per pack for $5. As of right now, I’ve sworn off of them. Here is what I have of them to trade. Take note, most of the first two packs, typed up in a recent post, fell in a separate incident and were damaged beyond saving, and a select few already have potential homes. Anyway, here is what is available.
1, A-Rod, 9 Mike Lowell, 12 Stephen Drew, 25 Garrett Atkins, 27 Francisco Liriano, 62 Chase Utley, 69 Max Scherzer, 94 Joe Mauer, 196 Rickie Weeks, 113 Magglio Ordonez, 124 Joe Nathan, 132 Derek Lowe, 142 Yovani Gallardo, 178 Scott Lewis Indians RC, 179 George Kotteras Red Sox RC, 190 Andrew Bailey A’s RC, 194 Elvis Andrus Rangers RC, 217 Brett Cecil Blue Jays RC, 218 Derek Holland Rangers RC
118 Andy Pettitte, 139 Ryan Howard
108 Howie Kendrick, 187 Jesse Chavez Pirates RC
• Here is a random pack break of ’09 Score football, for the heck (trying hard to cuss less) of it:
230 Hines Ward
193 Brandon Jacobs
119 Matt Schaub
154 Davone Bess
17 Martellus Bennett Young Stars
335 Devin Moore Seahawks RC
106 Donald Lee Glossy Parallel
Pretty cool looking cards. I want to get all the Bears in this set, and Cutler if he isn’t in a Bears uniform.
• It’s a purely theoretical assumption, but hopefully asking here will be the simplest way. I sent out packages to Baseball Dad, Indians, Baseball Cards, and Random Wax (Is this a name change alert? I haven’t been paying much attention for a few days…) and Heartbreaking Cards of Staggering Genius. I believe they went out last Monday. Have any of you gotten them? And was there anything useful for the former two gentlemen?
• Oh, so you can see just how in over my head I am when it comes to trading, here’s my overall Trade/Send Stuff Queue and how far along everything is. Note that the order of readiness doesn’t mean order it will be sent (aside from the first one), size of the package and my random sense of focus-ness will determine that:
Night Owl (EDIT: SENT!)
Dinged Corners (EDIT: SENT!!!!!!!!!!! After this monster of a package, I had to go buy more cases to send cards in. They’ve gone up in price… >.<)
Cardboard Junkie– Being a Lonestarr Special, I suppose this one is Nearly Ready.
Sooz– Nearly Ready, Jeter Sketch Card just needs finished.
Marie– Must Email; but all potential cards are organized.
Wicked Ortega– (EDIT: EMAILED)
Beardy– Must Email; but pretty much all potential cards are organized.
JD’s Daddy– (EDIT: This trade is ACTIVE.)
Wax Heaven– SASE About Ready, just need to finish Andrew Miller Sketch Card, which isn’t as far along as I thought or hoped. (SASE is for ’09 UD Football Heroes inserts, btw Mario)
Nachos Grande– Must Email and Organizing; slightly further along than ones below.
McCann Can Triple– Organizing.
White Sox Cards– Organizing.
Sharpe Since ’92– Early Stages. Was it just for random A&G minis? In any case, I must see what else I can offer.
Shot Not Taken– Where To Begin…
Wow, that is madness… I didn’t even realize I had that much stuff in the works. And I bet that isn’t even one of the longest trade queues going. Now if I only had an even remotely acceptable excuse for my slowness and/or laziness. *le sigh*
I guess that does it for now. If I forgot to put anyone in the neverending conga line of trades/sends that should be there, let me know please, and I will correct it. Back to looking over Night Owl‘s epic checklist. His cards go out around Wednesday-ish. The rest… I don’t know. I’m sorry.
… Did I mention I’m sorry? 😦