Coming off an 86 hit day for my blog, I think I should try to keep it going. So here’s a little personal collection goodness for your viewing pleasure:
It’s true, I pulled this from a pack! A pack of 2005 topps Pack Wars… wait wut? If you are confused, don’t worry, so was I when I pulled it. I even wrote the dude I got the pack from, asking about it. He didn’t even know. I’m not sure how I found out what the deal was, but I was eventually steered in the right direction.
In the odds on the back of the pack, in 1:59 packs falls a retired player autograph. It’s vague and easy to overlook. This is what you get. Leftover 2003 topps Fan Favorites autographs. It’s more awesome than you think. I mean, that was a pretty great set, with lots of regionally legendary Hall of Very Good players amongst the Hall of Famers. It’s not a high priority, but I would like to get ahold of some more someday.
As for this card itself, there is so much going for it:
• One of these years, Lee Smith is going to get into the Hall of Fame.
• The auto is on card, which is always nice.
• His sig is also nice. Pleasingly loopy.
• The design is 1983 topps, quite possibly the most perfectly designed cards ever made.
• Lee’s smile in the little head shot makes you fear for your life.
There you have it, one of the cooler pieces of my personal collection.